Our feet do a lot of tasks in our daily lives such as supporting our bodies and carrying our body weight. Therefore, being overweight or obese causes pain in the feet, because it means increased load and pressure on the joints! So, yes, obesity cause foot problems!
Given that the prevalence of obesity is increasing all over the world, resulting in an increased incidence of foot problems, increased joint pain, and damages from being overweight in recent years.
Does weight cause foot problems?
Indeed, studies have proven that the higher the weight of the individual, the greater the pressure on his feet and the greater the chance of getting foot problems.
Obesity and foot problems
Being overweight or obese may cause a lot of foot problems, for example:
- Feet pain due to increased pressure on the joints
- People who are overweight are more likely to develop flat feet.
- Obesity and overweight increase the risk of nerve damage and diabetic foot in people with diabetes, and increase the risk of diabetes itself!
- Obesity and being overweight are among the factors that increase the incidence of gout.
- Overweight increases your risk of developing plantar fasciitis.
- Although the causes of osteoarthritis are unknown, obesity increases the risk of it due to the extra pressure it places on your joints, especially the knees.
Overweight and obesity?
Being overweight or obese occurs as a result of an unhealthy lifestyle that results in an abnormal or excessive buildup of fat. BMI is a cheap technique to determine a person’s weight category, whether they are underweight, healthy weight, overweight, or obese. You can calculate it yourself by dividing a person’s weight in kilograms by his height in meters squared. If a person’s BMI is more than 25, he or she is considered overweight.
Weight loss tips
- Do not miss breakfast
- Eat foods rich in fiber and increase fruits and vegetables.
- Keep healthy food on hand. For example, keep a bowl of fruit on the counter and prepackaged vegetables in the fridge. So, when you feel hungry, you will have a healthy snack.
- Reduce your temptations If you can’t control yourself in front of sweets, don’t keep stocks at home.
- Be more active and exercise. In addition to its role in overall health, it helps in weight loss or maintenance.
- Always avoid eating all of the dishes directly from the bowl or bag because it causes overeating.