Diabetic Foot Problems
High blood sugar levels in our body can lead to nerve damage and poor blood circulation. Diabetics related foot problems can be a nightmare if not treated at the proper time. Even a small infection can take a very longer time to heal because of poor blood circulation. The situation can turn worse to become a gangrene and then it might be necessary to amputate that part off the body. So it’s better that we become cautious at an early stage.
Diabetics related problems in the foot can lead to loss of sensation to heat, cold or touch. There can be thickening of toe nails, blisters and ulcers, warts and corns in the affected part of the feet. There might be a burning sensation as well as pain in our foot.
Diabetic Foot Care Tips
1. Wash your feet: Make sure that you wash your feet every day with a mild soap and warm water. The water should not be very hot and you should check it before your legs are exposed to them.
2. Pat Dry: It is extremely important to carefully pat dry your feet. Moist environment becomes an amicable host for the breeding of various infections. It’s also necessary to dry the area between your toes as well.
3. Moisturize dry skin: If you feel that your feet are rough or dry then only use a gentle lotion. Do not use lotion between your toes.
4. Avoid walking bare foot: Walking bare foot can cause injuries and can get infected easily.
5. Inspect your feet: Inspect your feet every day for any sores, bruises, or cuts.
6. Never attempt to remove any foot lesions or corns and warts by yourself. Also do not use any antiseptic liquids on cuts and bruises. Immediately see your doctor or podiatrist. If your feet is in a very bad condition, do not stand in once place for a very long time. It’s advisable to wear cushioned natural fiber made socks.
7. Tight shoes are not recommended. Choose comfortable well fitted shoes at all times.
If these DIY tips doesn’t work for you, consult with our Abu Dhabi Podiatrists. We can give you the best solution for your feet! Give us a call on 02 633 0515 / 055 511 6072 and get an appointment today.