Do your feet hurt or feel tired and can’t move? If yes, then it must be difficult for you to stay active and do your daily activities. You are not alone! Many people suffer from foot problems, though some simple habits can help you keep healthy feet and do what you enjoy without too much trouble.
- Have you consulted a podiatrist to examine your feet within 12 months? If your answer is no, the first recommendation for maintaining healthy feet is to see a podiatrist once a year to keep your feet in good shape!
- Do you suffer from ingrown toenails or pain in the feet and ankles? If your answer is “yes”, you should consult a podiatrist, especially as it may change the way you walk and increase the risk of falling! So, immediately go to Health and Style Medical Center and consult a podiatrist when any signs of a problem appear in the feet to avoid exacerbating the problem.
Tips to maintain healthy feet!
Foot care is not just about visiting the doctor every once in a while, to treat them! You have to pay attention to some details and adopt some daily habits to maintain healthy feet. for example:
- Make sure you take care of your feet by providing daily foot care.
- Check your feet daily for dry, cracked skin, blisters, sores, or discolorations.
- Exercise, as exercising helps maintain the mobility of your joints, strengthen your toes, and improve the condition of your feet. You can ask your podiatrist about additional foot exercises.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Losing weight can be difficult if you are overweight, but it will help relieve the pressure on your feet. You can do swimming or other sports that do not require weight-bearing, especially if it is difficult to exercise because of the pain in the feet.
- Ensure you choose the right shoes for your feet. Approximately 63 to 72% of people wear ill-fitting shoes. Which is associated with pain and some foot disorders such as deformity of the toes and calluses.
If you are a diabetic, you need to take extra care and attention to your feet and you can learn about diabetic foot care tips here.