Are you bothered by corn on your feet? Do they hurt when you walk? Do they make wearing shoes difficult? Corns are a common foot problem, but they can be easily treated by a podiatrist. In this blog post, we’ll discuss how a podiatrist remove corn, and we’ll also provide some tips for preventing corn from returning.
Corns are a common foot problem that can be caused by friction, pressure, or repetitive stress. They can be painful and unsightly, and they can make it difficult to walk comfortably. Learn more about corns.
At home tips
If you have corn on your feet, you may be wondering how to get rid of them. You can do a few things at home, such as:
- Soaking your feet in warm water
- Applying a keratolytic cream.
However, if your corn is severe or painful, you may need to see a podiatrist for removal.
Here’s how a podiatrist removes corn
- Before the podiatrist removes corn, he will first examine your feet to determine the cause of the corn. They may ask you about your footwear, your activities, and any medical conditions you have.
- The podiatrist will then numb the area with a local anesthetic. This will make the procedure painless.
- The podiatrist will use a scalpel or other sharp instrument to carefully remove the corn or callus. They will take care not to damage the healthy skin around the corn or callus.
- The podiatrist may then apply a dressing to the area.
- This procedure usually takes a few minutes to remove a corn. However, it depends on the size and severity of the corn.
- You may experience some mild pain or discomfort afterward, but this should go away within a few days.
After removing the corn
After a podiatrist removes corn, your podiatrist may also recommend some ways to prevent corn and calluses from returning. This may include:
- Wearing well-fitting shoes that provide good support. Your checklist before purchasing a new shoe.
- Avoiding shoes that rub or pinch your feet.
- Using padding in your shoes to relieve pressure.
- Applying a keratolytic cream to soften the skin.
- Soaking your feet in warm water regularly.
- Keep your feet clean and dry. More tips for proper foot care.
If you have corn, it’s important to see a podiatrist for treatment. They can remove the corn safely and effectively.